Dropbox is a popular online storage option where we can store, upload, scan or even edit our data. Also, we can download all the files from dropbox to our pc. But in some cases, when we try to download any data or send a link from anyone from dropbox, we may get a dropbox 429 error on our screen.
We can face this error due to some software issues with dropbox. Apart from that, you might get some issues while scanning any files in it. Therefore, in order to solve this issue, we are going to cover some effective methods against Dropbox code 429.
Reasons for Dropbox Error 429
There might be several reasons for this issue, but we have some of the common reasons for the dropbox error 429.
- If the scanning system is not in a good condition, you might get this issue.
- If there is any issue with the link of dropbox, you might have to face this issue.
- If you have deleted the folder in the dropbox, then you may receive this error.
- If there are some changes made in the settings by the admin, then you may get this error.
- Also, due to redirection of the link in the dropbox, this error can be generated.
Methods to Fix Dropbox Error 429
These are some of the effective methods against Dropbox Error 429:
- Restarting your pc
- Reinstalling Dropbox
- Registering and then downloading dropbox
- Manually fixing this error
Restarting your pc
The simplest and easiest method for getting rid of this issue is to restart your pc. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- If you are using windows 8, 8.1 or 10 on your pc, then you can simply press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard
- After turning off the pc, power on the computer
- If you are on laptop, you may hold the power button for some sec
- Now, select the option ‘Restart’ to restart your computer
- If you are using windows 7, then simply press CTRL+ALT+DEL from your keyboard
- Now, select the restart option to restart your computer
For reinstalling dropbox, you can follow these steps:
- Press ‘Windows logo’ and a letter ‘I’ from your keyboard to open settings on the pc
- On the settings page, select the option ‘system’ shown on the list and then choose ‘Apps and Feature’ from the given list
- Now, select the ‘Dropbox X GB’ or ‘Dropbox’ from the shown list to delete it. Then simply click on the option ‘Uninstall’ and follow the process
- After uninstalling, restart your computer
- Now, simply download and install Dropbox to your pc
Registering and then downloading Dropbox
If the dropbox you are currently using on your device is not registered, then you might face this error. So, In order to register and download dropbox to your pc, follow the given steps:
- First of all, register the dropbox and then only download the dropbox on your computer
- Now, open https://www. dropbox.com/sm/launch_intent_or_fallback_page?url=<YOUR DROPBOX LINE>#Intent;scheme=https;action=android.action.VIEW:end;’
- Now, you can interplace the dropbox link
- At last, open dropbox on your computer to check whether the issue is solved or not
Manually fixing this Error
For manually fix this error, you will have to go through these steps:
- Switch on your computer or laptop
- Now, log in as an ‘Administrator’
- Press the ‘Windows Logo’ from your keyboard
- Select ‘All programs’ from the given list
- Here, select a option named ‘Accessories’ and after that select the option ‘System Tools’
- Now, select the option named ‘System Restore’ for restoring it
- Choose the option ‘Restore my computer’ to the earlier time
- Choose the option Next to continue the process
- Now, you can choose a point to restore ‘From the list, click the restore point’ and then choose next to continue
- At last, restart your computer and you are all set.
If you are a professional or business user, then there are two other actions that you may opt for. These include setting a password on your uploaded files and an expiry date on your links. Both these measures would significantly reduce the overall traffic to your account.
If you’re facing the Dropbox Error 429, there are multiple workarounds that might help. For instance, if your account is banned for some reason and it’s not fixed automatically after a while (as in my case), try changing or resetting passwords to see if this helps.
If password resets aren’t working either then wait until they expire- sometimes limitations set on an account will allow unlimited access again once their time has reached its expiry date but be prepared just in case you need to buy another plan as soon as possible because permanent fixes require upgrading accounts which could cost money!
These methods will probably solve the issue. For any queries related to our topic ‘Dropbox Error 429’, you can simply leave a message in the comment section below.