What is the Windows Update Error 0x800703e3?
- 1 What is the Windows Update Error 0x800703e3?
- 2 What is causing the 0x800703e3 Error code on Windows?
- 3 Methods to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
- 4 FAQ on Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
- 5 How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
- 6 Final Words
Some of the Windows 10 users have been reaching us with questions after encountering error 0x800703e3 while updating the operating system. This error is also faced by some of the Windows 7 and Windows 8 users.
The Windows Update Error 0x800703e3 commonly caused irregular entries in the Windows Registry or incorrectly configured system settings, unavailable Windows update, corrupt system files or Windows update glitch. If you are also facing this Window update error 0x800703e3 and looking for the right solution to resolve this error then you are at the right place. This blog post will help you to resolve your problem.
What is causing the 0x800703e3 Error code on Windows?
We have found several reasons that trigger this error after looking and analyzing the various user reports. We then test out the different repair strategies that are recommended by the users who are able to resolve this error. And it turns out that there are many scenarios that trigger the 0x800703e3 error code. Below are the potential culprits of the Windows Update Error 0x800703e3:
- Windows Update is unavailable: It is also possible that you are having this issue due to a temporary problem with the servers of the Windows Update. In this scenario, you can resolve this issue by relying on the Microsoft Catalog to manually install the update.
- System File Corruption: You might also encounter this error code due to the dependencies used by the Windows Update component and corruption among the files. To resolve this issue, you have to reset every OS component with a procedure like a clean install or a repair install.
- Camera driver issue: If you are facing this issue while trying to use the Camera app or while you try to update your camera driver then it is most likely that your deceased driver was not built to work with your Windows version. You can easily solve this problem by manually replacing the camera driver (using Device Manager).
- Windows Update glitch: This issue can also occur due to the Windows Update glitch as it has been confirmed by different users that it interferes with your PC ability to install new updates. In this case, you can fix this problem by resetting every WU component manually with the help of an elevated Command Prompt.
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
Method 1: Manually Install Windows Update
You may see the windows update error 0x800703e3 due to several problems in your PC/Laptop. Among those, it may also be caused by the Windows Update component that is temporarily unable to access the servers or because of corrupted local dependencies.
In this way, if this method is used, chances are you will be able to solve the issue altogether by installing the update once. Reports show that this process is effective and being used by several users that were struggling for Window Update Error 0x800703e3.
Follow the basic steps in order to install Windows Update Manually:
- First of all, open the Setting from the taskbar or directly by pressing the Windows key and I key together.
- Select the Update and Setting option.
- Then you will be able to see the View Installed Update History option, click on it.
- Look at the update installed failed.
- At last click here in order to download the installing failed updates on your PC/Laptop.
Once you have downloaded the Windows Updates, you have to install it on your computer. After your computer is ready with no new updates, reboot your computer and check if the Windows Update Error 0x8007003e3 is solved completely or not.
Even if the problem is still left there, don’t worry you can try another solution from our list below.
You don’t have to worry about the Windows error. If one method gets failed we have another one so let’s have a look at the other method through which we are going to solve the Error 0x80070003e3 of Windows Updates.
Method 2: Reset Windows Update Components
This method can also be used for solving the error easily by resetting the Windows update components. Read the instructions provided below and follow it point by point:
- First of all open Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Then in the command line window, simply type the commands provided below and hit Enter after each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
After the process is finished, you have to reboot your computer and run Windows update again in order to check if the windows update error 0x800703e3 is solved completely or not.
Even if this method doesn’t work perfectly then what? You may have this query on your mind right? But don’t worry we still have another option for you guys. Just keep reading the article below and you will get your solution for sure.
Method 3: Clean Install
In case if both of the above methods don’t help you to solve the problem of Windows Error then you go through this way. Here in this method all you have to do is clean installation of Windows 1. In other ways we can say that reinstalling the operating system will be able to solve several operating system errors.
So here to fix the error 0x800703e3, you can select to reinstall your operating system. Wait! Wait! Before that there is one thing you have to do compulsorily. You need to have backup files of your data before reinstalling because it may lead to loss data completely from your computer.
Here is the basic follow-up steps to follow:
- First of all visit the official site of Microsoft to download Media Creation Tool for the Windows installation Media.
- From the Windows installation media, boot the computer.
- Select the time, language, and keyboard input.
- Now click on the Install Now button.
- Input the activate license if you have. But you can also click next.
- Select the operating system and click next.
- Select the I accept the license terms option.
- Pick an installation type that is you can choose Custom: Install Windows Only(Advanced).
- At last, select the drive you want to install Windows and then click Next to proceed.
After these steps, you can follow the on-screen steps in order to finish the Window Installation.
FAQ on Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
How do I fix incomplete windows updates?
You can perform these steps if you wish to finish the incomplete windows updates:
- Make sure the updates are blocked
- Now restart or turn it off or on once again
- Check windows update utility
- Now run Microsoft’s Troubleshooter
- Start the windows in safe mode
- Now restore from system restore
- Clear all the windows update file
- Scan your whole system with antivirus
How to fix error 0x80070422?
- Reboot Your System
- Restore the windows update services.
- Restart other services from system
- Run Diagnostic program
- Disable IPV6
- Check registry values
- Run windows update for advanced Diagnostics
Why does my Windows Update keep failing?
- Reset the windows update through troubleshooter tools.
- Download the Latest update troubleshooter from Microsoft or the official source
- Now double click windows update diagnostic
- Select windows update button
- Now click on the next button to proceed new
- Try troubleshooting with adminstrative permissions.
- Close the updater or troubleshooter
What happens if i shut down during windows update?
If you shut down your computer system while windows update then your computer may run slowly or may crash or may show the blue screen of death because the old files are modified into new ones and they cannot adopt the older files so, Intentionally or accidentally never shut down your computer system during updating.
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3
So these three are the general method in order to solve the Windows Update Error 0x800703e3 easily. If you get any kind of issue while doing the process let us know in the comment section below.